SHAREHOLIC
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Urdu Tehzeb, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.

+ Reply to Thread
    + Post New Thread

Thread: Question & Answers About Tawaaf, Saiee & Miqaat

The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. Admin CaLmInG MeLoDy's Avatar
      Threads
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,367 Times in 868 Posts
      Mentioned
      1038 Post(s)
      Tagged
      7966 Thread(s)

Question & Answers About Tawaaf, Saiee & Miqaat

Detained From Completing The Hajj or The 'Umrah
      Question#24

If someone passed the miqat (specific station for putting on ihram), uttering the talbiyah for Hajj and 'Umrah without condition and then he is detained on account of illness and the like, which stops him from completing his rites, what should he do?

Such a person is treated as muhsar (detained). If he did not make a condition and afterwards an accident took place which stopped him from proceeding with his rites, then he should bear it and be patient if possible until the effects of the accident are over, then he should proceed with his rites. If he could not do this, he is treated as 'detained' according to the correct opinion. Allah says about a detained person: {But if you are prevented from completing it, send an offering for sacrifice such as you may find}, [Surah al-Baqarah, Ayah 196]. According to the correct opinion, the case of being muhsar (detained) occurs by an enemy, and sometimes occurs by other than an enemy. So, he should sacrifice an animal, shave or cut some of his hair, then take off his ihram. This is the verdict for muhsar. He slaughters his sacrificial animal in the same place that he is detained, whether he is in the Haram (sacred) area or outside the Haram. If he does not find any poor people there, the meat should be carried to the poor inside the Haram area, or it should be carried to some other villages. After that, he shaves or has a haircut and takes off the ihram. If he cannot sacrifice an animal, he has to fast for ten days, then he shaves or has a haircut and takes off the ihram.

--
      Shaykh Ibn Baz
      Fatawa Muhimmah tata'allaq bil-Hajj wal-'Umrah - Page 15, Fatwa No.3

The Tawaf & Sa'i of One Being Carried
      Question#25

The one who is performing the Sa'i or tawaf carrying a small child or someone who is ill, is he rewarded for the Sa'i and tawaf along with the one he is carrying or not?

The one who is carrying is rewarded for his intention, and the one carried is rewarded for his intention so long as all his faculties are sound. This is the most correct of the two opinions amongst the scholars. And with Allah lies all success and may Allah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (peace be upon him) and his family and his companions.

--
      The Permanent Committee for Islamic Research and Fatawa
      Fatawa al-Hajj wal-'Umrah waz-Ziyarah - Page 76

Entering Hajar Isma'il While Making The Tawaf
      Question#26

Is it permissible for one performing the Hajj or the 'Umrah, while performing the tawaf, to enter the Hajar Isma'il?

It is not permissible for one making tawaf of the House (Ka'bah) during the Hajj or the 'Umrah or voluntary tawaf to enter the Hajar Isma'il. He is not rewarded for that if he does so because the tawaf is required around the House and the Hajar is part of the House, for that which Allah says:

{and make tawaf around the ancient House}, [Surah al-Hajj, Ayah 29].

Also, that which is narrated by Muslim and others on the authority of 'Aishah who said: "I asked the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) regarding the Hajar and he said:

((it is part of the House))."

And in another wording, she said: "I vowed to pray inside the House and he (peace be upon him) said:

((pray in the Hajar, for certainly the Hajar is part of the House...))".

And with Allah lies all success and may Allah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (peace be upon him) and his family and his companions.

--
      The Permanent Committee for Islamic Research and Fatawa, comprising -
      Head: Shaykh 'Abdul-'Aziz ibn 'Abdullah ibn Baz;
      Deputy Head: Shaykh 'Abdur-Razzaq 'Afifi;
      Member: Shaykh' Abdullah ibn Ghudayyaan;
      Member: Shaykh 'Abdullah ibn Qu'ud
      Fatawa al-Lajnah ad-Daimah lil-Buhuth al-'Ilmiyyah wal-Ifta. - Volume 11, Page 233, Question 1 of Fatwa No.1775
      Fatawa al-Hajj wal-'Umrah waz-Ziyarah - Page 77

Ruling Regarding Wudu When Making The Tawaf & Sa'i
      Question#27

Is it compulsory to have wudu in order to perform the tawaf and the Sa'i?

Having wudu is compulsory for the tawaf only. As for the Sa'i, then it is better to have wudu, however, if not then it is acceptable.

--
      Shaykh Ibn Baz
      Fatawa al-Hajj wal-'Umrah waz-Ziyarah - Page 78

Tawaf or The Sa'i Once The Obligatory Prayer Begins
      Question#28

What is the ruling about the one performing the Hajj or the 'Umrah and when the obligatory prayer begins, he has not finished the tawaf or Sa'i?

He should pray with the congregation, then continue his tawaf or Sa'i from where he had stopped (just before the prayer). So he starts from where he stopped.

--
      Shaykh Ibn Baz
      Fatawa al-Hajj wal-'Umrah waz-Ziyarah - Page 80

The Two Rak'ahs Behind Maqam Ibrahim
      Question#29

Is it compulsory to pray the two rak'ahs for the tawaf behind the maqam Ibrahim, and what is the ruling regarding one who forgets this?

It is not compulsory to pray two rak'ahs behind the maqam Ibrahim, rather it is acceptable in any place in the Haram (al-Masjid al-Haram). Whoever forgets to pray them, then there is no harm because they are recommended and not obligatory. And with Allah lies all success and may Allah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (peace be upon him) and his family and his companions.

--
      Shaykh Ibn Baz
      Fatawa al-Hajj wal-'Umrah waz-Ziyarah - Page 81

Made Tawaf Al-Wada' But Unable to Depart From Mecca Straight Afterwards
      Question#30

A man performed the Hajj and made the tawaf al-wada' at night but was unable to leave Mecca after the tawaf so remained in Mecca until the morning. Then he traveled. What is the ruling (in this situation)?

That which is legislated is that the tawaf al-wada' (for one having performed Hajj) should be just before his departure from Mecca, for that which is mentioned in the hadith of Ibn 'Abbas which is agreed upon (both by Imam al-Bukhari and Imam Muslim): ((The people have been commanded that their last act (before departure) should be (tawaf ) around the House (Ka'bah) except for the menstruating woman)). So, as long as he made tawaf with the intention to depart at night and was unable to do so until morning, then there is nothing upon him in (regard to) that, insha'Allah. And if he were to repeat the tawaf (al-wada') before (actually) departing, then this is better. And with Allah lies all the success, and may Allah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his family and his companions.

--
      Fatawa al-Hajj wal-'Umrah waz-Ziyarah - Page 84

Bribing a Policeman to Kiss The Black Stone
      Question#31

(while on Hajj) a man with his mother approached al-Hajar al-Aswad to kiss it, but was unable to do so due to the crowds. So, he gave the policeman (standing) by al-Hajar al-Aswad ten riyals. He (the policeman) then distanced the people from al-Hajar al-Aswad for this man and his mother, so they both could kiss it. Is this permissible or not? And is his Hajj acceptable or not?

If the matter is as mentioned, then the amount this man paid to the policeman is bribery and not permissible for him to have paid. The kissing of al-Hajar al-Aswad is a Sunnah and neither from the pillars of Hajj nor from its requirements. So whoever is able to touch or kiss it, without harming anyone, then it is permissible for him. And if he is unable to touch or kiss it, then he should touch it with a stick and then kiss it (the stick). And if he is unable to touch it with his hand or the stick, then he should make a sign towards it as he comes into line with it (opposite) and should say: 'Allahu Akbar'. This is the Sunnah. As for giving the bribe, then that is not permissible, not for the one making tawaf and nor for the policeman. It is upon them both to repent to Allah for that. And with Allah lies all success and may Allah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (peace be upon him) and his family and his companions.

--
      Fatawa al-Hajj wal-'Umrah waz-Ziyarah - Page 88

Doing The Tawaf Al-Ifadhah After The dDay of 'Eid al-Adha
      Question#32

A man heard that it is permissible to do the Sa'i before doing the tawaf (al-ifadhah), so he did the Sa'i then made the tawaf (al-ifadhah) on the 12th or 13th day (of Dhul-Hijjah). (Afterwards) He was told that this is specific to the day of 'Eid (al-Adha, the 10th day of Dhul-Hijjah). So, what is the ruling (concerning this)?

That which is correct is that there is no difference between the day of 'Eid and any other (day), in that it is permissible to do the Sa'i before the tawaf even if this was after the day of 'Eid. The general (message in the hadith) is that a man said to the Prophet (peace be upon him): "I did the Sa'i before I made the tawaf ". And he (peace be upon him) replied:

((there is) No harm (in having done so)).

And since the hadith was general, there is no difference between (doing) that on the day of 'Eid or on that which follows.

--
      Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymin
      Fatawa al-Hajj wal-'Umrah waz-Ziyarah - Page 91

Did Not Cut or Shave Off Hair After Completing The Sa'i
      Question#33

One who was performing the 'Tamattu' Hajj made the Sa'i then changed into his normal clothes but did not shave or cut his hair. Later, after Hajj, he asked about this and was informed that he had made a mistake. What is he now supposed to do since the time for Hajj has passed?

This man is regarded as one who has neglected an obligatory act from the obligatory acts of the 'Umrah and that is either shaving or cutting the hair. According to the People of Knowledge, he is required to make a sacrifice as expiation and distribute (the meat) to the poor and needy in Mecca and his Hajj is not affected.

--
      Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymin
      Fatawa al-Hajj wal-'Umrah waz-Ziyarah - Page 93

Making a Long Supplication t The Beginning of The Tawaf
      Question#34

Some of the pilgrims, when they approach the line placed as a sign for the beginning of the tawaf (in line with al-Hajar al-Aswad), they stand there for a long time preventing the(ir) brothers (and sisters) from proceeding with their tawaf . So, what is the ruling regarding standing on this line and making a long supplication?

Standing on this line for a long time is not required, rather, the person should face al-Hajar al-Aswad and make a sign (with the palm of the right hand) towards it and recite Allahu Akbar and then proceed, since this is not a place to stand for a long time. However, I see some people standing and saying: "I have made the intention for the Sake of Allah, the Almighty, to make seven circuits (of the Ka'bah) or tawaf for 'Umrah, or voluntary tawaf ", or that which is similar to this. This is a mistake in the intention, since we have warned that making a verbal intention in acts of worship is an innovation which has not been mentioned on the authority of the Prophet (peace be upon him) nor any of his companions. So you must perform your acts of worship for the Sake of Allah and He has (complete) knowledge of your intention, so there is no need to verbally do so.

--
      Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymin
      Dalil al-Akhta'a yaqa'a fihaa al-Haj wal-Mu'tamir wat-tahdthir minha - Page 42

The Manner in Which to Cling Onto the Ka'bah
      Question#35

What is the manner in which one should cling onto the Ka'bah (between al-Hajar al-Aswad and the door)?

Clinging onto the Ka'bah is by standing (between al-Hajar al-Aswad and the door) and placing the hands, arms and face (cheeks) upon the wall.

--
      Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymin
      Dalil al-Akhta'a yaqa'a fiha al-Haj wal-Mu'tamir wat-tahdthir minha - Page 44

Cutting the Hair From Around the Base of The Head Only
      Question#36

During Hajj, we see some people (males) cutting short their hair just from the bottom and around their heads only leaving the rest of the head untouched. They don't cut any of the hair from there. When we told them that cutting the hair should be done equally all over the head, they said that this is what is required. So, which of the two actions is obligatory?

That which is obligatory is for the head to either be shaved or hair cut equally from all over the head during Hajj and 'Umrah. It is not required to take from every single hair. That which has been mentioned (in the question) is not sufficient according to the correct opinions of the People of Knowledge and nor is it from the Sunnah of Muhammed (peace be upon him). And with Allah lies all success and may Allah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (peace be upon him) and his family and his companions.

--
      Fatawa al-Lajnah ad-Daimah lil-Buhuth al-'Ilmiyyah wal-Ifta. - Volume 11, Page 217, Question 5 of Fatwa No.1734

"Gifting" Rhe Reward of Performing Tawaf to Someone Else
      Question#37

What is the ruling regarding "gifting" the reward of performing tawaf to someone else, whereby some people approach others and say to them: "Do seven for me!", meaning: seven circuits, intending the reward for themselves. So is this permissible or not?

It is not permissible to performing the tawaf around the Ka'bah for someone else. So no-one should perform the tawaf for other than themselves unless he is performing Hajj or 'Umrah (on behalf of someone else); So he does so in entirety (completing the) Hajj or 'Umrah (and not just a part thereof). And with Allah lies all success and may Allah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (peace be upon him) and his family and his companions.

--
      Member: Shaykh' Abdullah ibn Ghudayyan;
      Fatawa al-Lajnah ad-Daimah lil-Buhuth al-'Ilmiyyah wal-Ifta. - Volume 11, Page 236, Fatwa No.8433

Unsure as to Whether I had Passed Wind While Performing Tawaf
      Question#38

In Mecca al-Mukarramah, while performing the tawaf al-wada' and after I had made five circuits around the Ka'bah I felt some movement in my backside, so Iblis began whispering to me that I had passed wind but I did not adhere to his whispering because I did not feel that I had passed any wind from my anus, and I had completely lost the sense of smell, so I sought refuge in Allah and put my faith in Allah and continued performing the tawaf and then (upon completion) performed the two rak'ah's (of prayer). So is there anything in this or is there anything upon me?

The basic rule is that you remain in the state of purification, as the occurrence of doubt as to whether you passed wind does not nullify your state of purification (until you are absolutely sure), so your tawaf and your prayer afterwards is correct/sound, (insha'Allah). And with Allah lies all success and may Allah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (peace be upon him) and his family and his companions.

--
      Fatawa al-Lajnah ad-Daimah lil-Buhuth al-'Ilmiyyah wal-Ifta. - Volume 11, Page 244, Question No.4 of Fatwa No.11935

Not Knowing Exactly When to Enter State of Ihram While in an Airplane
      Question#39

A man wanted to perform the Hajj or 'Umrah and put on the ihram clothing on the airplane. Then he did not know the place of the miqat, so should he delay entering the state of ihram once he reaches Jeddah or not?

If he intended the Hajj or 'Umrah (while arriving) by air, then he should take a bath in his home and wear the izar and rida (ihram clothing), if he wishes. So if there is only a little time before approaching the miqat, he should enter the state of ihram according to what he intends, whether the Hajj or the 'Umrah, so there is no difficulty in this. And if he does not know about the miqat, then he should ask the pilot of the airplane, one of the hostesses or one of the passengers whom he trusts and who has some experience in this. And with Allah lies all success and may Allah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet (peace be upon him) and his family and his companions.

--
      Fatawa al-Lajnah ad-Daimah lil-Buhooth al-'Ilmiyyah wal-Iftaa. - Volume 11, Page 10, Fatwa No.4624;
      Fatawa al-Hajj wal-'Umrah waz-Ziyarah - Page 35