SHAREHOLIC
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Urdu Tehzeb, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.

+ Reply to Thread
    + Post New Thread

Thread: Bukhari & Muslim

The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it. Admin CaLmInG MeLoDy's Avatar
      Threads
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,367 Times in 868 Posts
      Mentioned
      1038 Post(s)
      Tagged
      7966 Thread(s)

Bukhari & Muslim

English Translation of Al-Quran[30].Surah Ar-Rum [The Romans]Ayat 31. (Always) Turning in repentance to Him (only), and be afraid and dutiful to Allah; and perform AsSalat [Iqamat* Salat] (compulsorycongregation prayers) and be not of Al*Mushrikun (the disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, polytheists, idolaters, etc.).

Tafseer of Surah Al Rum (The Romans) Ayat 31.

Turn ye back in repentance to Him, and fear Him: establish regular prayers, and be not ye among those who join gods with Allah,- "Repentance" does not mean sackcloth and ashes, or putting on a gloomy pessimism. It means giving up disease for health, crookedness (which is abnormal) for the Straight Way , the restoration of our nature as Allah created it from the falsity introduced by the enticements of Evil. To revert to the simile of the magnetic needle (n. 3540 above), if the needle is held back by obstructions, we must restore its freedom, so that it points true again to the magnetic pole.

English Translation of Hadith Hazrat Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah [SAWW](PBUH) said, "By Him in Whose Hand my life is, I sometimes thought of giving orders for firewood (fuel) to be collected, then for proclaiming the Adhan for Salat. Then I would appoint an Imam to lead Salat, and then go to the houses of those who do not come to perform Salat in (compulsory congregation), and set fire to their houses on them.''[Al-BukhariVolume 1, Book 11, Hadith # 617].Lesson : as mentioned above in

Surah Ar-Rum [The Romans] Ayat 30. “be afraid and dutiful to Allah; and perform AsSalat [Iqamat* Salat] (compulsorycongregation prayers) and be not of Al*Mushrikun”

This Hadith shows utmost importance of Salat in congregation and also is quoted by such people who hold that those who are physically fit, resident and have no valid reason for not coming to the mosque for Salat, for them Salat in the mosque (Jama`ah) is a must. Some people are of the view that it is Sunnah Mu'akkadah (an established Sunnah, hence compulsory) and they take such Ahadith for inducement because if performance of Salat in congregation was obligatory, those who missed it would have been punished by the Prophet [SAWW](PBUH), but we do not find any instance of it in his life. It clearly shows that it is Sunnah. If we go by logic, this view seems to be more correct. But we cannot, at the same time, lose sight of the importance that has been attached to the Salat in congregation especially the fact that it is 27 times more rewarding than the Salat offered individually. This Hadith also tells us that it is permissible to take criminals and sinful people from their homes by surprise.

Reported by Anas bin Malik (raziallahu anhu): Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Let none of you wish for death on account of an affliction that befalls him. If he has no alternative, let him pray: 'Allahumma ahyine ma kanatil-hayatu khairan li, wa tawaffani idha kanatil-wafatu khairan li (O Allah! Give my life so long as the life is good for me, and take away my life if death is good for me).'"

[Bukhari & Muslim - Riyad us Saliheen, Chapter 67, 586]